Hello, everyone! It’s the last day of January, so you know what that means!
In the month of January, I read a total of seven books! I branched out of my comfort zone and read a few books that I normally wouldn’t have picked up. I even liked most of them!
Here’s what I read, including the star ratings and date of which I finished each book:
January Book Stats:
- 5-Star Books: Room by Emma Donoghue, Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- 4-Star Books: Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- 3-Star Books: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Other Book Facts:
- 5 of 7 were library books
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness was a Christmas gift
- I bought Truthwitch by Susan Dennard for my Kindle, making it the only book purchase this month
Book of the Month:
- Of the two 5-Star books I read this month, my favorite book read this month is Room by Emma Donoghue. It was appropriately creepy and transported me into the novel. I cannot wait to watch the movie for this very reason.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Six Squared Challenge Update
This year, I am working to complete the Six Squared Challenge created by bookstacksamber. To keep track of my progress, I have a word document that breaks down each category into tables.
Six of the seven books I read met one of the categories set forth by this challenge:
For this category, I am choosing 2016 releases by authors I haven’t yet read.
- New Releases (Debut Authors): 1/6 – 17%
- New Releases (Loved Authors): 0/6 – 0%
- Books to Start a Series: 3/6 – 50%
- Books to Complete a Series: 0/6 – 0%
- Book to Movie Adaptations: 1/6 – 17%
- Goodreads Choice Winners/Nominees – 1/6 – 17%
- Total: 6/36 – 17%
I think my reading month was pretty fantastic. How was yours?
See you later!
Find me on: