It’s the end of the year, so it’s time for an 2015 year end themed post!
Every year, Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner hosts a survey for readers to complete about their reading activities for the year. I’ve seen this one a few blogs the past few days and thought this was an excellent format for an end of year post. Here we go!
Number Of Books You Read: 53
Number of Re-Reads: 15! (7 of these are from my Harry Potter re-read!)
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult
Best In Books
- Best Book You Read In 2015?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – hands down, without a doubt, my favorite read of the year.
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas – I was sooo excited for this one coming off of Crown of Midnight but was very disappointed.
- Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I did not think I would be down for a cyborg retelling of Cinderella, but I’m glad I picked this one up.
- Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – I told everyone and their mothers to read this book and about half of them listened to me!
- Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series started: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – I haven’t given up on this series yet. It’s still the most influential series of my reading year.
Sequel: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas – I really enjoyed the first book, but I loved this one even more.
Series ender: N/A (unless you count my re-reads of Harry Potter and His Dark Materials, but I’m not)
- Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Ernest Cline – I also enjoyed Armada quite a bit and I enjoy his writing style.
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – I usually do not read YA Contemporary, but I received an ARC of this novel. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
- Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Martian by Andy Weir – I read for hours on end.
- Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – Here it is again…but YES. Mom and I have already talked about re-reading it soon!
- Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – This cover is just plain gorgeous and the ARC paperback I have has a lovely texture as well.
- Most memorable character of 2015?
Amy Dunne from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I felt so many emotions towards her and I’d never before reacted to a fictional character in such a way.
- Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – Even though I wasn’t pleased with this book, I thought it had beautiful writing.
- Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher – It’s pretty obvious why this one is thought-provoking.
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Why, oh why did I wait so long to start The Lunar Chronicles?
- Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I don’t have an answer for this question.
- Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Oedipus Rex by Sophocles (54 pages)
Longest: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (870 pages)
- Book That Shocked You The Most
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn – It was one surprising turn after another.
- OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I don’t really “ship” characters, but my favorite romantic relationship I’ve read this year would be Celaena/Chaol.
- Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I would have to say the relationships between the gamers (gunters) in Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
- Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King – I am a huge Stephen King fan.
- Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – Mom read this book awhile ago and told me to read it, but I didn’t until I started watching BookTube videos.
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Chaol Westfall – No shame.
- Best 2015 debut you read?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – I loved the idea and the building of Ravka. I’m really excited to finish the trilogy and read Six of Crows.
- Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Martian by Andy Weir – I was seriously grinning the entire time.
- Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern – I didn’t cry, but I was surprised at my emotional reaction.
- Hidden Gem Of The Year?
From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion – A YA contemporary, romance, sci-fi…not what I usually read, but I enjoyed it and haven’t heard much about it from others.
- Book That Crushed Your Soul?
I actually didn’t read anything that crushed me or induced a major book hangover this year….well, at least not that is memorable.
- Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher – As told by the cassette tapes of a person who has committed suicide.
- Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – Oh Amy, I wanted to throw the book out the window because of you.
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
- New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I don’t have one. Since I’ve only begun in June, I think all the blogs I follow are new favorites!
- Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
- Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
The Reading Habits Book Tag
- Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I really need to attend a book convention/festival.
- Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Starting the blog!
- Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Keeping active on the blog while in a reading slump.
- Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My book review for Placid Girl by Brenna Erlich received the most views.
- Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I can’t pick one…I’ll go with my reviews in general.
- Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
BookTube and book blogging
- Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I set a goal for 50 books via the Goodreads challenge. I read 53 books this year!
- One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin – I said about 6 months ago that I wanted to read this book by the end of the year, but didn’t make it.
- Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
End of Watch by Stephen King – This is the third book in the Bill Hodges Trilogy (started by Mr. Mercedes).
- 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
I HOPE THE NEXT BOOK IN THE “A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE” SERIES IS RELEASED THIS YEAR.
- One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Follow through with any reading challenges and set for myself.
- A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven’t read anything that hasn’t been released yet.
See you soon and happy reading!
Find me on: