Hello! It’s October already! It feels like I just posted last month’s wrap-up…time is flying by.
For me, this month is all about camping, football games, hot chocolate, and of course, Halloween! I think I’m dressing up as Tina Belcher this year. We’ll see.
September was a weird month for me. As you know, my brother was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident. He is very lucky to be alive and the doctors said that he is recovering much more quickly than they anticipated! That’s great!
I spent two weeks at his house, taking care of him and his dog. We did a lot of Netflix binge-watching since he is unable to do a whole lot. Unfortunately for me, that was a big distraction from my reading plans!
Here’s what I read this month:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars, of course) – finished 9/2
- Bob’s Burgers, volume 1 (4/5 stars) – finished 9/2
- The Martian by Andy Weir (5/5 stars) – finished 9/14
- Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman (4/5 stars) – finished 9/17
I only read four books and one of them was a compilation of comic books. That’s okay! I loved what I managed to read this month and that is what is important!
Here’s what I started in September, but haven’t finished yet:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’m struggling with this book and I don’t know why. I’m very much interested in the plot, but I also find it a bit weird. I know I’m not supposed to fully understand the “challenge” that the characters are participating in, but it’s vague enough that what I’m reading still sounds like exposition. I’m 65% through this book, but feel like nothing is happening. I’m currently taking a break and reading something else until I’m ready to come back to it.
- Armada by Ernest Cline – I started this book yesterday and am already in love. This book got a lot of mixed reviews, so I was a little unsure about it. I adored Ready Player One and I heard that if you loved RPO, then Armada was going to be a let down. I’m 32% through this book and things are heating up. I’m getting really excited about this. There will absolutely be a review to come.
That’s it for me! I’m not building an October TBR because I never follow those anyway. I still have some library books to read. I do have plans of finishing Illuminae before its release date at the end of the month. You can look forward to its review as well!
Thank you for reading and I’ll see you soon!
Find me on: