Happy Friday, fellow bookworms! It’s time for another edition of Tag Friday.
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award
5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
I have no idea who hasn’t done this yet because I’ve seen it everywhere! So I’m skipping rules four through six. I do what I want.
1. If you could bring a book character back to life, who would it be?
Oh goodness. Starting this one off with a bang, are we? I guess I would bring back Sirius Black because he kicked so much butt and it was such a shame that he had to die for Harry’s character development. Hmph.
2. If you could spend a day with a book character, who would it be?
I’m sticking with a Harry Potter theme so far, because I would spend the day with Hermione Granger. I feel like she could help me get my life in order. At the very least, she could charm my day planner to yell at me to stop procrastinating. I’m really good at procrastinating.
3. Favorite genre?
Horror. I love to be scared out of my wits while reading. Lately, I’ve been reading a lot of fantasy and while it’s one of my favorites, my love knows no bounds for a horror story.
4. Last book you read?
The last book I finished was You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day and it was fan-flipping-tastic. I’ve been a long time fan of Felicia and I loved reading about how she became a self-made internet star.
5. Favorite ship?
I don’t really have one. I’m typically okay with whatever’s canon. EXCEPT IN HARRY POTTER. I’m sorry, but I don’t like Harry and Ginny’s relationship. Don’t get me wrong, I love Ginny Weasley, but the relationship came so out of nowhere. Sure, she had a crush on Harry forever, but Harry didn’t really return those feelings until the second to last book. It seemed forced and insincere.
6. Top 5 summer reads you’d take on vacation?
I typically don’t differentiate books between the seasons so I don’t have a list of summer reads. I usually just pick the top 5 books on my TBR.
7. A book you want to see a movie made of?
I want The Golden Compass remade because the movie adaptation that was made was awful. Then, of course, I want the rest of the trilogy to be made into movies, but only if they’re done well.
8. If an author was going to add a book to a series, which series?
I had a lot of trouble with this during Top 5 Wednesday because I am pretty much happy with all the book series that I have finished. I would be okay with a “Where Are They Now?” themed Hunger Games book or a prequel about previous Games.
9. E-books or real books?
I don’t have a preference! Whichever saves me more money!
10. Favorite reading position?
I prefer sitting on a recliner or in a reclined position on my bed.
11. A book you hated?
The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
01. What’s your favorite genre?
Horror all the way!
02. What’s the type of villain you love to hate?
Villains similar to Hades from Disney’s Hercules. The clever, sarcastic, funny villain.
03. Name the character you absolutely hate and why.
Thomas from The Maze Runner. It’s kind of why I hated the book. He was whiny, cocky, and was over dramatic about everything. I also didn’t like the way he withheld information from the reader in a very dramatic way.
04. Which is your favorite trilogy?
His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
05. Have you ever abandoned a book halfway and why?
Lisey’s Story by Stephen King. It made me really sad to do so because he is one of my favorite authors, but I just couldn’t get into it. It wasn’t scary, but it was still creepy enough to hold my interest. What bothered me most about it was the use of a secret language between the main character and her dead husband. I had no idea what was going on.
06. Which is a fantasy world you’d love to live in?
Yeesh. None of them? There’s always some wicked stuff going on. That’s why we read them! I’d love to be in the wizarding world now that Old Voldy’s gone.
THIS JUST IN: I’VE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT WANTING MORE BOOKS IN THE HARRY POTTER UNIVERSE. I want to know what was going on in North America during the wars. We get some mention of American wizarding schools in Quidditch Through the Ages, so I know things were a bit different. Was Old Voldy wreaking havoc across the pond?
07. Which is a fantasy world you’d hate to live in?
Almost all of them, but especially the Throne of Glass universe. There’s some bad stuff going on there.
08. Give a brief character sketch of your ideal hero/heroine.
An everyday sort of character. You know, to make me think “Why not me?” Authors have done this but they tend to go overboard by making the character despise themselves by saying they’re “plain,” but I’d like more everyday characters.
09. Name any two fictional characters you would be willing to marry (or live with for a decade or two).
Chaol Westfall from the Throne of Glass series. ‘Til death do us part, baby. I also want to be best friends with Hermione Granger so we could be roomies for a decade or so while Chaol’s courting me. Of course.
10. State a trope you hate and why.
Insta-love. While I can agree that it is possible for people to quickly fall in love, I hate how it’s done in books, especially among teenagers.
11. What’s your favorite mythical creature?
11 Facts about Kacie!
- I have no pets
- I play the mandolin
- I am obsessed with video gaming
- I also love playing tabletop games
- I am a teacher
- My best friend of two years is a boy
- I was born in the 80s #old
- My favorite milkshake is made with the vanilla ice cream with a peanut butter swirl and chocolate milk
- I live semi-close to Hershey
- I suffer from chronic migraines
- I am also gluten-free
That’s it for me! Like I said before, I’m not tagging anyone or writing questions. I really enjoyed answering these questions!
Thanks for reading and learning more about me and as always, I will see you soon!
Find me on:
Want to purchase any of the books that I’ve talked about? Use this link to buy books from the Book Depository and help me out!