It’s time for a book haul!
Hello readers! I said before that this would not be a monthly feature, but I got a few books this month and thought I’d share it with you.
I decided to do another haul post when my mother handed me three books last night.
- A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Beurgenthal – My mother went through a period during which she only read books about the Holocaust, fiction and non-fiction. This book is a nonfiction account of a young boy’s experiences in Auschwitz. I’m really interested in reading this one.
- Calico Joe by John Grisham – Mom was helping me print a photo last night and this book was sitting next to the printer. She picked it up and said, “This is a good one!” and handed it to me. It’s a short read and I’ve liked the other Grisham novels I’ve read. This one is about baseball, which is my favorite sport!
- Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris – This is supposedly a really funny book about working in an office. I loved the move Office Space and I love the television show The Office, so I’m sure this will be a fun one. Bonus: Rainbow Rowell apparently loved this, according to her review on Goodreads.
As I mentioned before, Mom was really into books about the Holocaust for awhile. The other day, I asked her if she has a copy of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne and she immediately started looking for her old eReader. So I’ll be reading that one soon as well!
This is where the “free” part of this haul mostly ends. I bought a few books on Kindle this month.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – This was a book that I was really interested in reading because of the dark subject matter. I like to read books about the darker aspects of life and this topic was as taboo as they come. I liked the idea of the book, but I did not like the end result. I gave this 2 stars. I don’t know if I’m going to post a review or not. If you’d like to know more about what I thought of the book, let me know and I’ll do a write-up. This book cost me $8.99
- Progeny of Gods: Vertuem Destiny by Geoffrey Storm – This book was published at the beginning of July and it was written by a Booktuber! I picked this up on Amazon for my Kindle for a whopping $0.00! Yay! I’m excited to read this one. I also want a physical copy of this book because LOOK AT ITS GORGEOUS COVER.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab – I’ve never read a book by this author, but from what I hear, I need to. From what I’ve gathered, if it was written by “V.E. Schwab,” it’s adult fiction. “Victoria Schwab” is YA and children’s. Did I get that right? Regardless, I’m excited about this one. I picked it up on Amazon for $2.99.
And lastly, the physical book that I purchased this month:
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – I am late to this party, but I hear this is a wonderful book. It’s got video games and 80s references…and if you know me, that pretty much sums me up! The back cover says it’s “the grown-up’s Harry Potter.” Oh man, I am SO excited for this book. I might be reading it with a buddy during August. I’m sure you’ll hear about it. I got this on Amazon for $8.44!
That brings my total books for the month of July to 8 and the total cost of the books to $20.42! Not bad!
Have you read any of these titles? Tell me what you think!
See you soon!
Find me on:
Want to purchase any of the books that I’ve talked about? Use this link to buy books from the Book Depository, who will send me a small commission so that I can buy more books!